The world’s second floating LNG enters production in Cameroon
- 0 Comments
On March 12, 2018, Golar LNG announced that Hilli Episeyo has effectively started production. According to Reuters, Cameroon is the second country in the world’s second floating liquefied natural gas project after the project was launched in Malaysia by Petronas.
In Africa, Cameroon is ranked the third liquefied natural gas producer but the two other countries (Nigeria and Angola) have land-based LNG.
With a yearly production capacity of 1.2 million tons of LNG (this production will exclusively be sold to the Russian Gazprom during the first 8 years into production), the floating LNG will start producing the LNG before a land-based LNG plant is set not too far from Kribi deep-water port.
This floating LNG is the result of about CFA700 billion investment financed by Golar LNG. It will also produce about 30,000 tons of domestic gas each year and 5,000 barrels of condensate every day.
Brice R. Mbodiam – businessincameroon
- Logistique et transports : Douala attend les transitaires
- Early Bird will end soon ! This March 31, 2018.
- The world’s second floating LNG enters production in Cameroon
- Cameroon launches a call for interest to prequalify companies interested in Kribi port’s multipurpose terminal management
- Cameroon: Switzerland sets a CFA3.4 billion fund to promote renewable energy projects